Thursday, May 9, 2013

UPDATE: FINALLY LOSING WEIGHT

In my previous post, i mentioned hitting rock bottom with my weight and how my self esteem took a huge dive and all kinds of negativity started setting in. I even included grainy, unclear pictures (just so it wouldn't look that bad. Hah! As if) of my fat self to prove a point 
To read that post, go here 

Needless to say, i was getting frustrated with my increasing weight gain and at that point, i was the heaviest that i've ever been in my life. It may not seem much to others, but you have to understand that for my height, that weight was way too much to bear especially since i've always been at a healthy acceptable weight. And in recent months the weight just kept piling on and wouldn't stop or go down. 
It pretty much felt like i was undergoing puberty once again.

But from the title, i guess it's obvious to say that my current diet/exercise is working well for me!

No mirror pictures yet cause i feel like there isn't any obvious difference.
 It's definitely too soon to tell since it's only been about 2 weeks? But i can kinda feel the difference in my body when i look at it. My stomach seems flatter and i no longer need to suck in so much as before. (Hurray!) And my arms are just slightly more toned, still jiggly but a bit firmer. 
Not too sure, but maybe its a psychological effect on my part.

So i guess the most anxious part you guys would want to know about is how much weight i've lost? 

If you recalled, this was my weight on 29 Mar
managed to rotate it!

And this is my slow but steady decline of my weight.



Ready?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


UPDATE: i weighed in at 43.3kg this morning!


So in total, i lost 2.9kg

As mentioned, it's not a drastic loss since its about 2 weeks and there really isn't any change to my appearance. But i feel like its a great start and shit gets real when you see those figures go down day by day on the scale and all you want to do is congratulate yourself and do a little jiggly dance. 

However, most of you would probably know that the first few kg you lose is just your water weight. It's great for me as i suffer from water retention issues that cause my thighs and face to swell. And also frequent indigestion and bloated issues. 

Water retention occurs when your body is unable to expel excess water thus the water is stored in your body and creates problems such as weight gain, digestive issues and others. For me, my main reason for water retention attributes to my insane love for salty food which resulted in my high sodium intake and hence, water retention problems. 
So boy am i glad to be rid of that!


For more info on water retention and how you can prevent it
click this link 

Whew, this has been a pretty long post but definitely a motivational one for me. I feel great and am going to continue to work towards my goal! 
Will probably do another update in 2 weeks or so just to keep track.

Till then,
Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment