Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Beauty Recipe Just For You

Just a note: this is not a sponsored review. I paid for the service with my own money. I'm just sharing how i feel. It would be amazing if Beauty Recipe could sponsor me though hehehe. But enough of that.

So a week ago, i noticed a gelish nail promotion at one of the myfatpocket's blogger's blog. It was $29.90 for  nail shaping, buffing, cuticle cutting, single gelish colour with 4 nail art designs (with a selection of 16 designs) on 4 fingers and return soak off. It was quite a good deal and Jessie, owner of Beauty Recipe and fellow myfatpocket blogger, had been getting good reviews so i was excited to try it out. Plus, the shop was near to where i stayed so the location had already gotten a big thumbs up from me.

pic credits to Jessie Ting

I made an appointment for 730pm and headed down to the shop which was relatively near Jurong East Mrt Station and easy to find. Once i entered, i was greeted by two friendly staff which i later found out that one of them was called Evelyn.

Interior of the shop
Pic credits: Jessie Ting

I told them what i wanted, they made some suggestions and promptly set to work. One thing i really have to commend them is that they were extremely meticulous in their job. The usual nail filing and buffing would typically be a quick process according to my own experience, but this time Evelyn and her staff (regretted not getting her name) took their time to properly shaped and file such that my nails look amazing especially since i did a mere express pedicure for my toes. Even the applying of nail polish was very careful and precise, something which i really appreciated a lot. 

There was a tv right in front of where i was seated so while i was being extremely pampered by two hardworking ladies, my eyes were having a feast with the Korean drama that was showing. And despite the fact that i was a first time customer, Evelyn lend me her slippers to wear home because i was wearing covered shoes when i arrived. Super nice!

Additionally, they close at 8pm but didn't rush me or stress me the entire time i was there. They did not even  tell me that their closing time was 8pm till i asked. Made me feel bad for making them stay back. So after the really wonderful experience at Beauty Recipe, here are pictures of my mani/pedi experience.

Shimmery base with colorful leopard prints

Dark Turquoise color for nails.
Pardon the fat/ugly feet.

And this is the message that i send to Tim right after my nail session! 
See, i must have really love the place. 

Beauty Recipe provides all kinds of beauty treatments from nails to skincare to waxing services. Since i only tried their nail services, i can proudly say that i am a happy nail customer of theirs. From their wide range of unique, quality nail polishes, professional services and attention to detail, Beauty Recipe is one place that will keep me coming back for more.

For more information on Beauty Recipe,
go to their website at 
http://www.thebeautyrecipe.com
Opening Hours: 10am to 8pm Daily
Contact: 65673568
Beauty Recipe is located at
Jurong East St 13, Blk 104 #01-102
Singapore 600104

Till then,
Melissa










1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa

    Just happened to come across this on the internet. Thank you so much for your kind review. I would like to sponsor you a set of our gorgeous signature human hair eyelash extension. Do LIKE us on Facebook at and private message me from there. :)

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beauty-Recipe-Beauty-Nails-Waxing-Online-Shop-Singapore/339774862712031

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete